Welcome home to Grizzly Ranch
Grizzly Ranch, a private gated community in Portola, CA, was recently acquired by Grizzly Ranch Investors, LLC (GRI), which is composed of individual investors who are committed to the long term enhancement and fulfillment of the project's original vision. GRI is a group made up of Grizzly Ranch property owners, associates of property owners and members of the Founders investment group, a group of investors who originally acquired the community's 1,040 acres and initiated development. Several GRI investors also acquired Grizzly Ranch Golf Club in 2012.
Grizzly Ranch Facts
- In 2003 the community launched its real estate sales program.
- The community is situated on 1040 acres; GRI has acquired the original developer's remaining real estate.
- 380 homesites approved of which 293 have been developed.
- 240 homesites have been sold.
- 425 acres of land is approved for an additional 87 home site.
- The award-winning, Bob Cupp designed, Grizzly Ranch Golf Club opened for play in 2005.
- In late 2012 the Grizzy Ranch Golf Club was acquired by new owners, all of whom are Grizzly Ranch property owners.
- The community includes over 400 acres of dedicated open space and its western boundary is Big Grizzly Creek, which has a fertile trout habitat
- Big Grizzly Creek flows year-round through the community.
- The Grizzly Ranch Conservancy dedicates resources to habitat restoration of Big Grizzly Creek.
The Grizzly Ranch Conservancy was created to manage the watershed and jurisdictional waters as designated by the Corps of Engineers, has made habitat restoration on Big Grizzly Creek a high priority. In addition, the mission of the Conservancy is to preserve the unique character and natural environment in and around Grizzly Ranch. The Conservancy is a non-profit organization supported by property owners through a transfer fee. Its primary function is to manage waterways, wetlands and wildlife habitat on the ranch, ensuring that sound planning and land management practices are upheld.
It also provides members of all ages with educational programs, such as nature studies along Big Grizzly Creek, bird watching excursions and wildlife walks. The Conservancy is responsible for protecting the vision of Grizzly Ranch, ensuring that the wild spaces remain unspoiled. Learn more.